Bachelor of Arts in Theology
All prospective South African and International Theology students are required to:
- Download and complete the Churchboard Recomendation form here, then upload in SECTION C below.
- Upload a copy of your Identity Document (South African students), or copy of your passport (International students).
- Upload a copy of High School / Matric or School Leaving certificate. If you are still in your final year, include your latest examination results. Provide certified English translations if needed.
- Upload a copy of your Proof of Payment for the Application Fee. (R240)
(Banking details for the application fee: ABSA Bank – Current Account, Acc Number 4060394706, Branch Code 632656, SWIFT Code: ABSAZAJJCCT)
- Pay your application fee online using the links below through the payfast gateway.
2022 SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION
SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION CRITERIA
For a potential student to qualify for the scholarship, the following criteria should be met:
- A 75% average.
- A cover/motivational letter stating the following:
- Why you believe you should be granted the scholarship.
- Your interest in studying at HCHE.
- Your plan for furthering your academic studies in the future.
- Your commitment to completing your programme of study at HCHE.
- A reference letter from a school principal or class teacher or church pastor must accompany the application.
- Register for a minimum of 56 credits in both semesters.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- The scholarship is valid only for tuition fees for the first year of study.
- The following fees are payable: application, registration, and internet.
- The scholarship does not cover: Books, accommodation, meals, equipment etc., either on or off campus.
- The first year of study must be passed. Failing to pass, the student will be liable to repay the scholarship, and/or pay for repeat modules.
- Upon maintaining a 75% average, a discount of 50% for tuition fees will be applied in the final year of study and completion of your degree at HCHE.
- Should you accept the free tuition for the first year with the intention of completing your degree at another institution, applying for the scholarship is strongly discouraged in order for another student who is fully committed to completing their degree at HCHE to benefit.
If you are interested in applying for a scholarship for 2022 please see the information in the link.
By signing this document, I hereby consent to the use of my personal information contained herein and confirm that:
- All information is accurate, current and not misleading about myself to HCHE, and to maintain and update such information when it is needed.
- I acknowledge and understand the purpose for which the Personal Information is required and for which it will be used.
- All information is supplied unconditionally, specifically, and voluntarily, without undue influence from any party, and not under any duress to the processing (including storage) of such information.
- I acknowledge that failure to provide information will result in my academic programme remaining incomplete, which will result in the institution’s inability to award a qualification.
- All information supplied is mandatory for the purposes of this agreement, and that without such information the College is not able to enter into agreement with me.
I acknowledge that I am aware thereof that I have the following rights with regard to such personal information, which is hereby collected:
- Access the information at any reasonable time for purposes of rectification thereof;
- Object to the processing of the information in which case this agreement will terminate in accordance with the provisions contained herein;
- Lodge a complaint with the Information Regulator should I believe that HCHE has utilised my personal information contrary to applicable law, in terms of the Protection of Personal Information Act 4 of 2013.
Should any of the Personal Information be that of my dependants and/or beneficiaries who are underage, I, in my capacity as their legal guardian and Competent Person gives HCHE the appropriate permission to process their Personal Information for the purposes for which these details were given.