OBTAINING STUDENT GRADES
Grades are obtained through SMP. Usually grades are added at the end of each semester.
How to obtain your grades:
> Login to SMP
> Click on the Results menu. Some students will have multiple qualification names due to either changing their qualification or being part of an older programme.
- No. Assess: Number of assessments. Most lecturers do not add any assessments to SMP. Usually there will be only one assessment, which is the Final Grade assessment.
- Assess. Graded: The number of assessments that have received a grade.
- Assess. Passed: The number of assessments that the student has been graded and passed.
- Grade: The percentage mark for that particular module.
- Credits: The number of credits the module is worth.
- Result: Once the final grade has been submitted, a symbol for the module will appear here. If the module is not complete, the word incomplete will appear.
- % Attend.: Attendance register. Some lecturers use the electronic attendance register, and record student attendance for a particular module.
If you wish to view any assessments that the lecturer may have added, click the + symbol (highligted in red) next to the module.
Each assessment has a weighting %, this refers to how much a particular assessment is worth overall for the semester. An exam is usually 50% of the semester grade. Smaller assessments are anything from 1% to 40% of the final grade.