The of Helderberg College of Higher Education Administration Committee has made an update to the financial policy.
An extract of importance is quoted below:
EXTRACT FROM THE FINANCIAL POLICY 9.1
a. Students with 5 or more modules must pay R15 000 to register for tuition, or R20 000 including boarding fees. For a returning student, any outstanding account must be settled before registration.
b. Students with less than 4 modules must pay 50% of the semester fees (tuition), 50% of boarding per semester, and the semester registration fee is required before registration. For a returning student, any outstanding account must be settled before registration.
For a full financial policy please download the updated financial policy document HERE
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQ):
- If I am taking 5 modules or more do I pay the registration fee separately at the time of registration?
ANSWER: NO. However, you will be charged a registration fee, but in order to register you need to pay at least R15 000 or R20 000 if you are staying in dorms.
- Is R15 000 or R20 000 the only amount that I must pay?
ANSWER: YES to register, but you will still have to pay the full amount during the semester and clear it before next semester starts.
- If I am taking 4 modules or less do I pay the registration fee separately at the time of registration?
ANSWER: YES. You pay R1200 for Registration, 50% of the tuition and if you are in Residences 50% of the residence fee.
- Would I be able to pay more than R15 000 or R20 000?ANSWER: YES, R15000 or R20 000 is the minimum amount in order for you to register, if you are taking 5 or more modules.
- Is a payment plan acceptable?
ANSWER: NO, this is the current payment plan available.
- Can I ask for a quotation, to know how much I need to pay?
ANSWER: YES, if you take 4 modules or less. There is no need for a quotation if you are taking more than five modules, you need to pay at least R15 000 or R20 000 if you are staying in dorms and clear your last semester balance as per the statement you would have received.
- What happens if I did not get my statement of account?
ANSWER: Statement of accounts are sent by the 7th of each month, should you have not gotten yours, please email ASAP email@example.com
- Can I pay for my books at registration?
ANSWER: NO, students must purchase their own prescribed textbooks. It is advised that students budget for approximately R4 800 per semester.
- Do I get a refund if I withdraw?
ANSWER: YES, under the following policy:
Tuition and boarding fees are refundable as follows:
- Week 1 from the commencement of classes: 100%.
- Week 2 from the commencement of classes: 75%.
- Weeks 3 & 4 from the commencement of classes: 50%.
- After four weeks, there will be no reimbursement. The registration fee of R1200 is not refundable upon withdrawal.
- However, should a student withdraw before the mid-semester break and then return in the following semester, 50% of the tuition fees charged in the previous semester will be credited to the student’s account.
- Should a student withdraw after the mid-semester break the full fees will be charged.